Have you ever wondered how the presentation of food influences our food choices? As a dietitian – a nutritionist, I always take this into account when it comes to instilling healthy habits, and that is why this time the chosen recipe has been a healthy donut.
- 120g of oatmeal.
- 2 very ripe bananas.
- 4 eggs.
- A spoonful of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Manzanilla Cacereña.
- A teaspoon of vanilla powder.
- 85% black chocolate.
- Fresh milk.
Beat the oatmeal, two very ripe bananas, the eggs, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the vanilla powder with a blender.
Add the mixture on a special donut mold and bake for 15 minutes at 180º to get the donut-shaped biscuits.
On the other hand, put to heat ounces of dark chocolate with a little extra virgin olive oil and whole milk to cover chocolate. Beat with some rods and once well mixed and melted, add over the donuts.
- The recipe does not require added sugar since ripe bananas provide the necessary sweetness.
- It is a vegetarian recipe easily convertible into vegan. To do this, simply substitute fresh milk for vegetable drink. The coconut is doing very well for the taste.
- For people with gluten or celiac intolerance, it is important to guarantee the use of certified gluten-free oats.
Victoria Fagúndez, Dietitian – Nutritionist