ORANGE AND CHUFA COOKIES
In these family vacations and excess sugar in all the houses I wanted to propose you a recipe of cookies very appropriate for these dates by the special touch of the Naturvie Orange Oil. In addition, using ground chufa as a base provides a lot of nutrients and fiber, which will make you feel fuller for longer to avoid more Christmas temptations. I also like these cookies very much because they are loaded with healthy fats and are very low in sugar.
2 cups of ground chufa (failing almond flour)
50 grams of Premium Orange Naturvie Oil
25 grams of tahín
25 grams of coconut oil or melted butter
3 tablespoons coconut milk
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ orange skin zest
1/4 of coconut sugar
¼ teaspoon ginger powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon of clove powder
¼ teaspoon anise powder
- In a bowl place all the wet ingredients and create a uniform mixture.
- In another bowl, place the dry ingredients and remove any lumps that have formed so that a homogeneous mixture is left.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of the dry ingredients and mix slowly to create a dense dough.
- When it is mixed, form a ball with your hands and let that dough rest in the fridge for an hour.
- After that time, take the dough out of the fridge. Prepare a kitchen table or countertop with coconut flour or oatmeal so that the dough does not stick.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °.
- Stretch the dough with your hands and cut the cookies with a mold to make them uniform. You can also make balls and crush them if you don’t have a mold.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet (with vegetable paper so they do not stick).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180 °.
- Let cool and you have your cookies ready.
By Julia Gómez, from the Gastro channel on Instagram @thenourishedpianist